Introducing Final Grade Calculator
I had a lot of free time these days so I sat down to play with jQuery. I ended up creating a small calculator that tells me whether I have a chance to pass a module or not. Turns out, this wasn’t the right thing to spend my time.
There are four types of assessment methods in my college: a practical assessment, a quiz, an asses lab and the final exams. Depending on the module, each method contributes a certain percentage to the final mark.
In the module Data Structures and Algorithms, our lecturer Mr. Thanos Hatziapostolou created a small web page that calculated our final marks. You simply insert the marks, press “calculate” and voila, you failed! However, there are two things I didn’t like about this: a) it is designed for the specific module only and b) you have to insert all the marks, even for the final exams (you guess how much you will get; I also discovered I’m a bad guesser).
Now I am in the middle of my final exams for this semester and, instead of reading, I’m wondering how much I need to pass the next module (which I will fail if I continue like this). This module has one practical, that is 30% of the final mark, and a final exam, that is the rest 70%. In the practical I got 61 and I need a final mark of at least 40 to pass any module. I can find how much I need to pass by doing some basic maths:
( 40 – ( 61 * 0.30 ) ) / 0.7
So I need to get at least a 31 to pass the module. I know this isn’t hard to calculate even if there were more assessment methods, but I liked the idea and thought I could give it a shot. So I created my own version of the Final Grade Calculator.Watch movie online The Transporter Refueled (2015)
In this version, you add the assessment methods you already took and enter the percentage of it’s contribution to the final mark and the mark you got. You click “Calculate” and it will tell you how much you need to pass the module. On the right you enter the minimum mark to pass a module and the maximum mark.watch film UEFA Europa League Final : Ajax Vs Man UTD now
It’s a single page which uses jQuery. The code is about 170 lines and it took me about two hours.
Enjoy! I gotta go read.